Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Nine tenths

The flying club requires each member either fly an hour per month or pay for an hour. I fly at least 3 hrs a month with that club, but with the really crappy weather her in march i have had to cancel every flight so far this month. So , today when it was rather pleasant , bright and dry all day,Chyanne & I went up for an hour. The clouds were 6 to 9 thousand feet, while we never exceeded 3. There was a lot of haze . Normally the Seattle skyline is visible from above Auburn, but not this evening. We cruised around over Auburn and south to Buckley before turning west to do a landing at Thun. After a taking off of 34 we departed the pattern NE to the valley.All the while Chyanne sings little songs to keep me entertained. I climbed a bit more than needed so I pushed the nose down till we were doing 120 knts, descending to 1500 for a straight in approach to Auburn. It was a nice controlled decent with a smooth touchdown. I knew it was not close to a hour yet and taxied back to the end of 34. By now it was dark. On the next circuit I turned to early and over flew the runway at 1000'. then next time around I extended to about where the new trains depot is and had a good approach & landing. The Hobbs meter that clock the time was hard to read with my red light. It had the last tenth number in red. Finally after 34H was tied down, with a white light, it read off .9 hours .

No comments:

Post a Comment