Monday, December 28, 2009

3 for 3

I Flew a Cessna 172 today. Breakfast At Hoquim , less than 2hrs round trip in a plane, over two hours each way by car.It is just great, From the coast, see the ocean, and back to Seattle in less than an hour. The view from a plane is good anyway, but here in the Puget Sound that is magnified. Today there was a lot of low fog , it covered most of the inlets in the S. Sound area, it only added to the beauty of the scene. Of course Mt Ranier looms over all, & St Helens, Adams & Baker are all visible on the horizon. Three days, Three different planes. That I could not do if I owned only one. I might fly a different one tommorow, but the weather doesn't look like it will be ok. The 172 was cruising at 120mph @ 2500'. Not as fast as the Cherokee, but it burns less than 8 Gallons per hour.The Cherokee uses@10gph. the c150 @6gph.The Cherokee was busy today, it was taken all day before I could book it. I had to return the 172 for another club member. It had a small fuel leak from the LF wing tank sump(drain). Not a safety of flight issue. Not enough leak to affect the range, or to be a fire hazard. But I just called Tom, the maintanence officer, reported it, and advised the next pilot of the situation. We will try to burn off most the fuel in that tank & Tom will fix it or have it fixed. If I were the sole owner I would be cold & dirty, wet with fuel, to fix it myself. Yea, I think the Clubs are working well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment