Sunday, December 20, 2009

It's not fast.

It's not fast. Especially after a month of flying the Cherokee. I flew 12J today. My favorite little plane, the Cessna 150 that I trained and tested in. I mostly stayed near the airport, doing landing practice. I did power off simulated engine out landings, no flap landings spot landings even cut power on take off landed then exited the runway. It sure was not the power house the Cherokee is.. but it is a lot lighter on the controls than either the C-172 or PA28-180. As long as I am solo the 150 is fun to fly, not so good if you're in a hurry, but fun. And 12J is my favorite. 98J has a fresher engine and better radio's, I even think it it a tad faster. 12J likes a lot of right rudder at times, but it is friendly and easy to fly. Steady and predictable. I at one time departed the pattern S toward Auburn, but the closer i got the hazier it became at Auburn. I heard someone doing T&G's but could not see them, I turn bact to BFI about 3 miles out. The fog/Virga seemed to be coming closer to Boeing. I beat it to BFI , did a T&G then a full stop & taxied to parking, I sat it out but the haze never quite reached BFI & after a while it dissipated. It was clear again, I had time so up I went for some more laps. I flew over an hour before heading home to do the shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment