Saturday, December 8, 2012

Amy's Anacortes party

Everybody loves a party, and this year's Anacortes fly in party at the end of the year was one of the best we've had. Amy promoted it online in the Puget Sound aviation Meetup group showed up with all of one plane, the 182 with Rhonda Corey and myself. We took off later in the afternoon had a nice smooth trip with flight following North Anacortes. We arrived just as in the flour bombing competition, got to see a few drops, consummate act we. We tied down a crap down the ramp into the hangar. Several people arrived and more soon arrived into we had quite a group around the hangar. I met lots of friends but I didn't know I had, got a good look at Faisal's beautiful Cherokee, and got to chat down on the numerous potluck items people supplied. Fortunately the fuel burn off off set the weight gain in my stomach for weight and balance on the aircraft. They had wine tasting for those who drink alcohol, of course I always supply myself with my own root beer. They had a DJ, and played music that was appropriate for all ages, and soon they were people dancing. Myself I stayed off the floor to avoid bears with the both myself and this disgust by others. Finally well after dark we decided to leave and mounted our trusty steed 182. On the southbound climb out with the deck angle high there was little to see in the darkness around. Piloting one compass heading, with the attitude into dictator to keep the wings level, we rose to 2500 feet) was above the surrounding hills. Leveling off we can now see all the hills silhouetted by the likes behind them. Nothing is quite as beautiful as flying on a clear evening under the stars apply to the city in the distance in the rural areas below you sparsely a sparkling lights of the people living below. We picked up Whidbey, got flight following South till finally arriving at SeaTac and taking the transition across to the Auburn Valley where home awaited us. Despite flying in and out of Auburn numerous times even in the evening and in darkness, I still mistook some lights and turned Long on approach before finally making a smooth touchdown on 34 at Auburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment