Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Take two, try again tomorrow

When you have the addiction are times you need To satisfy the monkey on your back. Even though it's only been a couple of weeks I desperately want to fly on Christmas Eve. The perfectly nice morning was wasted in  fixing people's cars. By early afternoon I finally made it to the airport, Inc. clouded up wasn't raining. I waited it out, hoping to find clear spot between the low SCUD rolling in. Finally about 230 it brightened up I pulled the airplane out finish the preflight and fired the engine as soon as it was warm up or the cold and took off on 34. It was clear to the North I could see the buildings from Seattle, but as I turned on the downwind looking south I could see a low haze and extended all the way to the ground beginning about Highway 18. Just as I made my turn for base for 34 I was running into the haze. I pulled off a great landing making a. I taxied back to the beginning and did it again. The haze is getting closer and as I turned my  base for 34 I was on the edge of the haze. There was no view to the South., And the overcast is too low to clear the Hills on either side comfortably. That was enough, two hops and put the airplane away. Dr. Dave's prescription for what ails you when you got the flying bug

1 comment:

  1. Been awhile Dave. Stopped in and wow! Several new posts. A good co-pilot is a wonderful thing to have. As you know, most of my flying is solo and many a time I've wished for another set of hands or eyes. Miss you and the rest of the gang.

    ReplyDelete