Friday, February 12, 2010

No passengers allowed

It was my first visit to OLM. I had announced that I was a student pilot when I requested progressive taxi to the museum. I was a hot summer morning , so I left the cabin door open while I wandered around the Aircraft outside the exhibit. It was a relief that the cabin was not stifling hot when I returned. After a quick preflight I was in and calling for instructions for take off. Finally the mag check before I lined up on 35. The typical focus on take off was quickly compromised as a very large bumble bee zoomed past my ear on his way to the windshield. As he buzzed angrily against the Plexiglas I thumbed the mic button and asked for an immediate return for landing. I think they sensed the urgency in my voice and cleared me for runway 8 . As I settled down on 24 I announced that I had a large bee with me. I was allowed to stop on the taxi way beneath the tower while I killed and removed the offending insect, after all I was a Student Pilot , and passengers are NOT allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment